The Samsung Galaxy A53 smartphone was launched in India a few days ago, priced at Rs 34,499 for buyers. The new Galaxy A53 smartphone offers 5G support, thanks to Samsung’s new Exynos 1280 chipset.
The phone offers durability features that are hard to find in this price range. And with the competition growing fiercer day by day, Samsung is doing everything it can to woo buyers. The Galaxy A53 5G also gets the guaranteed promise of OS updates for the next four years. If the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G phone got you excited, here are ten things you need to know about the phone and its features before you buy it.
Also read: Apple will no longer repair lost or stolen iPhones: Full details on new iPhone repair policy
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G: 10 things you need to know before buying the phone
1. Samsung Galaxy A53 5G prices in India start from Rs 34,499 which gets you the 6GB + 128GB storage variant. You also have the 8GB RAM + 128GB storage model at the price of Rs 35,999 for buyers in the country.
2. The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G sports a 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display that supports Full HD+ resolution at 1080×2400 pixels and 120Hz refresh rate. which makes it usable under sunlight. The screen’s color reproduction is impressive and the viewing angle is also good.
3. The design of Samsung Galaxy A53 5G is also very attractive. You get it with a polycarbonate-finished material on the back, where the quad rear cameras fit into a raised module. The phone weighs 189 grams and some people might struggle to use it with one hand.
4. Samsung powers the Galaxy A53 5G with the new Exynos 1280 5G chipset which has been built using the 5nm process. You get the phone with 6GB and 8GB RAM options, and the storage is expandable but only using the shared SIM card slot. In our brief stint with the device so far, the performance and smoothness of the phone has been good, and while the phone does get a little warm on the back while charging, that’s not a big deal. problem.
5. Samsung Galaxy A53 5G is one of the new phones to come with Android 12 operating system out of the box. It gets the latest One UI 4.1 interface and the company promises another four years of OS updates for the device. On top of that, Samsung is offering five years of security support for the phone. This means that the Galaxy A53 5G will upgrade to Android 16.
6. The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G has a quad rear camera setup which consists of a 64-megapixel main sensor with OIS, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, a 5-megapixel macro shooter and another 5-megapixel depth sensor. On the front, the phone has a 32-megapixel wide selfie camera, which also helps you with 4K video recording and video calling. While testing the phone’s camera, we noticed that the quality of photos taken in all conditions was quite good, but we’ll reserve our opinion for the full review.
7. The phone screen has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, helping the screen to avoid scratches. The phone also comes with an IP67 rating, which makes it dust and water resistant. Few phones in the price range offer this feature. However, the phone does not have the headphone jack and you need a converter to connect normal headphones to the device.
8. Samsung’s new A-series phone features stereo speakers powered by Dolby Atmos technology. The phone has an in-display fingerprint sensor and a face unlock feature for biometric security. Both features respond quickly and we didn’t experience any delays when unlocking the device.
9. Samsung Galaxy A53 5G packs a 5000mAh battery that promises long usage. The phone supports 25W fast charging which is quite low by the latest standards. Also, it’s worth noting that Samsung doesn’t give you the charger in the box. You need to buy it separately.
WATCH VIDEO: Why smartphones are getting expensive in India, says Muralikrishnan B, COO of Xiaomi India
10. The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G brings a lot to the table, and we’re hoping the Exynos 1280 can compete with rival chipsets in this segment, making it a viable high-roller phone.
Read all the latest IPL 2022 news, breaking news and live updates here.