Majority of iPhone users are unimpressed with iPhone 13 lineup, research shows

AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn a commission when you buy through our links. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.

An informal survey released this week found that around 64% of iPhone users were “not very” or “not at all” impressed with the company’s new iPhone 13 lineup.

According to a study by SellCell, 64.1% of users surveyed did not find Apple’s September 14 iPhone 13 announcement appealing, with just 14.4% saying the new hardware is “extremely.” or “very exciting”.

The company surveyed 5,000 iPhone users aged 18 or older between September 23 and September 30 and released its findings on Tuesday.

Intention to purchase was down 20.5% from a similar poll conducted before Apple’s “California Streaming” event, with 23.2% of existing iPhone users saying they had it. plan to upgrade to iPhone 13. The remaining 76.8% of existing iPhone owners have no interest. by buying the latest and greatest device.

Brand loyalty remains strong, with 36.8% of those polled who decided not to upgrade saying they plan to wait for a next-gen “iPhone 14”. Another 32.3% said they have no plans to upgrade in the next two years, 11.3% will buy an older iPhone model and 16.1% will switch to Android. Google is the most popular choice for switches at 45.1%, followed by Samsung at 41.8%.

The iPhone 13 Pro proved to be the most popular model for upgraders with a share of 42.5%, while the iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini followed with 26 respectively. , 3%, 22% and 9.2%.

In terms of new features, the iPhone 13 Pro’s ProMotion display and the range’s overall improvement in battery life have led the pack for those considering purchasing an iPhone 13, with 34.1% and 25.3% respectively of users citing capacity as reasons to buy. Only 5.4% of users cited improved camera features like cinematic mode and updated sensors as the main reason for the upgrade, while more storage space, a faster processor, a ” Smaller TrueDepth notch, “new colors, and dual eSIM support were all cited by less than 5% of respondents.

15.7% of potential buyers said they needed to upgrade and 10.5% said they were part of an annual upgrade or trade-in program.

Interestingly, 29.3% of survey participants who have no plans to buy the iPhone 13 said the lack of Touch ID was a deal breaker. Apple is reportedly testing in-screen fingerprint technology for a future iPhone, but it’s unclear when the feature will debut.

Other factors behind the decision not to buy the iPhone 13 included the lack of an always-on display, the inclusion of the TrueDepth notch, the lack of ProMotion on entry-level models and prices.

SellCell also asked participants about the iPad and Apple Watch models announced last month, with 18.2% of respondents saying they intend to buy a new iPad or iPad mini. Apple’s sixth-generation little iPad mini, which received its first update in more than two years, took the lion’s share with 72.6% of them saying they prefer the model over the iPad. ninth generation. A meager 7.5% of respondents plan to buy the Apple Watch Series 7 after it goes on sale this Friday.

Source link

About Roberto Frank

Check Also

Smart homes: UK privacy row, Xiaomi unveils biometric lock

A British judge recently ruled that an Amazon Ring doorbell and security cameras installed in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *