So we were right all along. The OPPO phone that will be launched in the Philippines more than a week from today is the OPPO A96.
The company has started teasing the smartphone. And while it hasn’t announced the actual release date, the updated listing for the handset on Lazada – where the A96 will be sold exclusively, at least at launch – already says you can buy the phone from the May 5. re expect is the suggested retail price. For reference, the SRP in Malaysia is RM1,299 (about P15,730 or $300).
Endurance. Able. Design.
– OPPO Philippines (@OPPOPhilippines) April 25, 2022
OPPO A96 launch teaser in the Philippines
The OPPO A96 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 4G chip paired with 8GB of expandable RAM and 256GB of storage. It has a big battery – rated at 5,000mAh – which can be 50% charged in just 26 minutes, according to the brand, thanks to its 33W SuperVOOC technology.
The 6.59-inch screen has an adaptive refresh rate of 90Hz and gets a punch hole on its upper left side. There’s a 50-megapixel dual camera on the back and a 16-megapixel on the front. A fingerprint sensor is mounted on the side. The system is running ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11. And there will be two colors available for the Philippine market – Pearl Pink and Starry Black.
OPPO A96 Specifications
- 6.59-inch display, FHD+ resolution, 90Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 octa-core 6nm processor
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 8 GB LPDDR4x RAM (+ 5 GB virtual RAM)
- 256 GB of UFS 2.2 storage
- Dual 50-megapixel main rear cameras and 2-megapixel portrait
- 16 megapixel front camera
- Side fingerprint reader
- 5,000 mAh battery with 33-watt USB-C charging
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- Color Options: Pearl Pink, Starry Black